You have probably all seen these types of ads: “As low as $4 for 500 Followers | 100% Real Instagram Followers” or “Buy Instagram Followers | Genuine Followers Fast.” If you’re a business struggling to gain online traction, or someone wanting to become an influencer quickly, these ads can look so tempting. But don’t give in. There are sound reasons why you should not buy Instagram followers.
Similarly, don’t be tempted by the ads offering to sell you Instagram likes. They likewise will give you little long-term benefit, and may well harm your account’s standing.
When it comes down to it, there are three main reasons you would choose to operate an Instagram account:
- You want to connect with friends and/or family, show them what you’re doing and see what’s happening in their lives – if this is you, there is no reason to buy followers just so you have a bigger network. You don’t know them, so would have no purpose for engaging with them. They definitely will have no interest in the posts you share.
- You are a brand/business wanting to market something – you are certainly not going to sell anything to a fake follower
- You are an influencer – you can’t influence a fake follower – all it does is make you also look fake.
It makes no logical sense for anybody to buy fake followers. Anybody can spot fake followers. What can you possibly achieve from the practice?
There are some clear reasons why buying fake followers and/or likes can be harmful to your Instagram account.
Why You Should NOT Buy Instagram Followers:
- Fake Instagram Followers Don’t Engage With Your Account
- You Have Mismatched Engagement Compared to Genuine Accounts
- You Might End up with Inappropriate Bot Comments on Posts
- Bought Followers Bring Spam with Them
- Instagram Recognizes and Purges Fake Followers
- Buying Fake Followers is Against Instagram’s Terms of Service
- Having Fake Followers Destroys Your Credibility as an Influencer
- You Won’t Earn Money Using Fake Followers